The goal of this project is to convert a Windows RM/COBOL application to GnuCOBOL. Basically taking the Accept/Displays and WOW Screens and converting them to GTK+. The first phase will be to take the indexed files and convert them to the GnuCOBOL format. The next phase will convert indexed files into a database. Not sure which database product I will use; MySQL, NoSQL, SQL Server, or DB2.
Initially, I was going to do this using Visual Studio Express 2013, This has proven diffcult. I have moved on to using MinGW. During the progress of the project, I will be also porting this to Linux. The platform I plan to use is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64.
I will be taking notes on my progress and will post them here. Within the notes, I will have links to the software packages I install and any other documents I use to complete the project.